Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Crocheting Holiday

So I am back from holiday's refreshed and ready to start working again. I spent my holiday's catching up on my crocheting. I am almost finished my hot water bottle cover, I am at present crocheting around the neck. I am finding this part a bit difficult to do, hence the slow process. 



I am fairly pleased with how it turned out but I do see a need to make some improvement. My granny squares are not all the same size so I see a need to practice to get my tension right.
So because I needed to practice I went onto another project which I enjoyed immensely. Of course it was something totally different but I needed to practice to learn about getting the right tension. I chose a pattern from Lucy's Blog, Attic24 which I just love and was inspired to take up crochet once again because of this wonderful blog. The pattern I chose was the Neat Ripple Pattern and this is a lovely pattern if you are new to crochet. I did have to start over again several times as I was not getting the pattern right the first couple of times. To overcome this problem I actually wrote it out so that I could follow the written instructions. Once you actually have the foundation row done and get into the pattern it's quite easy to follow as you can see the pattern happening. The only down side is all the ends you need to weave in but if I was thinking I should have sewn them as I went along.


I have learnt my lesson:-) The only other down side was the yarn I used, it's acrylic, which I am happy to use for a project like this but it's not nice yarn. To hard, not something you want to wrap around yourself, unless it gets better with washing. The suggestion was made was to make it for Charlie as a blanket for his bed. Now all I have to do is, sew in the ends and do the edging. Guess who will be happy then???
My next crocheting project was a cushion this time as I wanted to use up the rest of the yarn and I have started Lucy's Granny Stripe Pattern and this time around I am sewing in the ends as I go. 

I have also finished Lucy's Target Square Cushion which I loved doing and I can't wait to do more. 


As you can see I am a big fan of Lucy's, sorry about that but I do plan on looking into other crocheting adventures. I have ordered some Stylecraft yarn from the UK as this seems to be the most popular yarn and it seems to be a good price, can't wait for it to arrive. I have promised myself that I am going to finish ALL current crocheting projects before I start something new. Hubs picked the colours so it will be interesting to see how they look when they get here.


Happy knitting
Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment